This is a really simple one function output decoder. It's really cheap and small, perfect to install in those cars where you want interior lighting.
I only miss the possibility to set up the output intensity like Uhlenbrock decoders, but on the other hand you can set up special effects (strobe, blinking, ...) and the frequency for that effects.
It has also transponding possibilities, but only if you use Digitrax stations. I deactivated it since I'm using Uhlenbrock Intellibox.
These are its main characteristics and configuration possibilities:
- Single 125mA (250mA peak) function output for lights or other functions
- Function can be turned on/off using F0, F1, F2, F3, or F4
- Supports both 2 digit and 4 digit addressing
- Programmable from DCC compatible equipment
- Configurable Strobe feature lets you simulate flashing lights like FRED, Strobes, Mars Lights, etc.
- Compatible with Digitrax DCC Transponding Systems
- Approximate size: 0.461” x 0.31” x 0.161” (11.7mm x 7.8mm x 4.1mm)
TABLE I: Function# for TL1's function output
Function # CV61 CV64 CV61 CV64
F1 02 00 00 00
F2 02 01 00 01
F3 02 02 00 02
F4 02 03 00 03
F0 03 00 01 00
TABLE II: CV49 Values for Configurable Strobe Effect Selection
00 Normal on/off
01 Simulated FRED
02 Simulated Mars
03 Slow Strobe
04 Single Pulse
05 Double Pulse
06 Medium Pulse
07 Mostly on blinking off
TABLE III: CV62 Values for Setting Effect Rate
00 (Slowest) to 07 (Fastest)